Tuesday, January 7, 2020
From Oscar-nominated director Feras Fayyad (Last Men in Aleppo) comes THE CAVE, a stirring portrait of courage, resilience and female solidarity. For besieged civilians in war-torn Syria, hope and safety lie underground inside the subterranean hospital known as the Cave, where pediatrician and managing physician Dr. Amani Ballour and her colleagues Samaher and Dr. Alaa have claimed their right to work as equals alongside their male counterparts, doing their jobs in a way that would be unthinkable in the oppressively patriarchal culture that exists above. Following the women as they contend with daily bombardments, chronic supply shortages and the ever-present threat of chemical attacks, THE CAVE delivers an unflinching look at the Syrian war and some of its most unlikely heroes.
Screening in the series Oscars Spotlight: Documentaries 2020.
- Country Syria
- Language English; Arabic with English subtitles
- Rating NR
- Running Time 107 minutes
- Website http://thecave.film
- Director Feras Fayyad
- Writer Alisar Hasan, Feras Fayyad
- Producer Kirstine Barfod, Sigrid Dyekjær
- Editor Per K. Kirkegaard, Denniz Göl Bertelsen
- Accessibility Assistive Listening, T-Coil