Safety Guidelines at IFC Center
IFC Center has reopened!
Please note the enhanced health and safety protocols that will be in effect at the theater:
- Reserved, socially-distanced seating at all shows – Select your seat when you buy your ticket. Seating maps are available in the lobby. There is at least 6 feet of distance between seats available for purchase.
- Masks are mandatory at all times – Everyone is required to wear a mask in the building at all times. No eating or drinking is allowed, and no concessions are available for sale, so there are NO exceptions to the mask policy.
- Reduced theater capacities throughout the complex – Per state guidelines, we can only fill 33% of our seats. With smaller houses, we expect that shows will sell out faster than usual, so we encourage you to buy tickets online in advance.
- Contactless ticketing and entry – In our lobby, you’ll scan your own Print-At-Home or mobile ticket for entry. Need to print your ticket? Just visit the kiosk in the lobby. An usher will be nearby if you need any (socially-distanced) assistance.
- Films start at showtime – If you want to catch the trailers and a short film before your feature, arrive 15 minutes before the showtime. If you just want to see the main event, arrive by showtime and head right to your seat.
- No lines and no waiting in the lobby – We’ve increased the break time between shows to at least 45 minutes. Your reserved seat will be ready for you when you arrive–just scan your ticket and head to your seat.
- New routes to get to your theater – To get everyone in and out more quickly, we’ve changed the entrances and exits of some of our theaters. Look for the directional signs in the lobby, or ask an usher for directions.
- Enhanced cleaning protocols – In accordance with state guidelines, we will be following enhanced cleaning protocols all day long, in all areas of the building. We will be sanitizing armrests in between shows, and bathrooms every hour and frequent touchpoints regularly throughout the day. Touchless hand sanitizers are located throughout the complex.
In addition to screenings at the theater, can also view films online through IFC Center at Home, featuring releases like MLK/FBI, THE VIGIL, LITTLE FISH, BLITHE SPIRIT and more. You can check out a selection of short films made by current and former IFC Center staff that we launched last summer. Our documentary festival DOC NYC is offering online classes about all aspects of documentary making. And you can catch up with hundreds of IFC Center hits on our sister company’s streaming service, IFC Films Unlimited.
If you have any questions about rescheduled events or film openings or other IFC Center matters, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keep safe and be well, and we look forward to seeing you at the movies–whether it’s online or in person.
– The IFC Center Team