This Is Not Berlin
Friday, August 9 - Tuesday, August 20, 2019
1986, Mexico City. Seventeen-year-old Carlos doesn’t fit in anywhere: not with his family, and not with his friends from school. But everything changes when he’s invited to a mythical nightclub where he discovers an underground scene he never knew existed – a post-punk paradise of sexual liberty and chemical abandon that challenges his relationship with his best friend and lets him find his true passion.
“A coolness factor off the charts… musically and otherwise seductive.” – Variety
Official selection: Sundance Film Festival; Tribeca Film Festival
- Country Mexico
- Language In Spanish with English subtitles.
- Running Time 112 minutes
- Distributor Samuel Goldwyn Films
- Director Hari Sama
- Writer Rodrigo Ordonez, Hari Sama, Max Zunino
- Editor Ximena Cuevas, Rodrigo Rios, Hari Sama
- Cinematographer Alfredo Altamirano
- Cast Xabiana Ponce de Leon, Jose Antonio Toledano, Mauro Sanchez Navarro, Klaudia Garcia, Ximena Romo
- Accessibility Assistive Listening, T-Coil
IFC Center does not generally provide advisories about subject matter or potentially triggering content in films, as sensitivities vary from person to person. In addition to the synopses, trailers and other links on our website, further information about content and age-appropriateness for specific films can be found on Common Sense Media, IMDb and DoesTheDogDie.com as well as through general internet searches.