Tuesday, January 7, 2020
In the remote mountains of Macedonia, beekeeper Hatidze tends to her hives using ancient techniques and following the golden rule for sustainable honey cultivation: take half, but leave half for the bees. When an itinerant Turkish family moves in next door, Hatidze’s peaceful existence—and nature’s delicate balance—is threatened.
Screening in the series Oscars Spotlight: Documentaries 2020.
- Country Macedonia
- Language Macedonian & Serbo-Croatian with English subtitles
- Rating NR
- Accessibility Assistive Listening, T-Coil
- Running Time 90 minutes
- Website http://www.honeylandfilm.com/
- Director Ljubomir Stefanov, Tamara Kotevska
- Producer Atanas Georgiev, Ljubomir Stefanov
- Editor Atanas Georgiev
- Cinematographer Fejmi Daut, Samir Ljuma