Tuesday, January 7, 2020
In the remote mountains of Macedonia, beekeeper Hatidze tends to her hives using ancient techniques and following the golden rule for sustainable honey cultivation: take half, but leave half for the bees. When an itinerant Turkish family moves in next door, Hatidze’s peaceful existence—and nature’s delicate balance—is threatened.
Screening in the series Oscars Spotlight: Documentaries 2020.
- Country Macedonia
- Language Macedonian & Serbo-Croatian with English subtitles
- Rating NR
- Running Time 90 minutes
- Website http://www.honeylandfilm.com/
- Director Ljubomir Stefanov, Tamara Kotevska
- Producer Atanas Georgiev, Ljubomir Stefanov
- Editor Atanas Georgiev
- Cinematographer Fejmi Daut, Samir Ljuma
- Accessibility Assistive Listening, T-Coil
IFC Center does not generally provide advisories about subject matter or potentially triggering content in films, as sensitivities vary from person to person. In addition to the synopses, trailers and other links on our website, further information about content and age-appropriateness for specific films can be found on Common Sense Media, IMDb and DoesTheDogDie.com as well as through general internet searches.