The Hunt for Red October
Friday, November 22 - Saturday, November 23, 2019
*Please note the late-night screenings on Fri Nov 22 & Sat Nov 23 begin at 12:10am, not 11:59pm!*
A new technologically-superior Soviet nuclear sub, the Red October, is heading for the U.S. coast under the command of Captain Marko Ramius (Connery). The American government thinks Ramius is planning to attack. A lone CIA analyst (Baldwin) has a different idea: he thinks Ramius is planning to defect, but he has only a few hours to find him and prove it-because the entire Russian naval and air commands are trying to find him, too. The hunt is on!
Screening as part of our Autumn 2019 series, “Waverly Midnights: Spy Games.”
- Country USA
- Year 1990
- Running Time 135 minutes
- Distributor Paramount Pictures
- Director John Mctiernan
- Writer Tom Clancy (novel), Larry Ferguson (screenplay), Donald Stewart (screenplay), David Shaber (screenplay)
- Editor Dennis Virkler, John Wright
- Cinematographer Jan de Bont
- Cast Sean Connery, Alec Baldwin, Scott Glenn, Tim Curry, James Earl Jones, Courtney B. Vance, Stellan Skarsgard, Jeffrey Jones, Sam Neill
- Accessibility Assistive Listening, T-Coil
IFC Center does not generally provide advisories about subject matter or potentially triggering content in films, as sensitivities vary from person to person. In addition to the synopses, trailers and other links on our website, further information about content and age-appropriateness for specific films can be found on Common Sense Media, IMDb and DoesTheDogDie.com as well as through general internet searches.