Friday, January 10 - Thursday, January 23, 2020
In Ypsilanti, Michigan in the late 1950s, Dr. Alan Stone (Richard Gere) begins working with two paranoid schizophrenics (Peter Dinklage and Bradley Whitford). Each man believes himself to be Jesus – and then Stone discovers a third patient (Walton Goggins) with the same delusion. Defying the era’s cruel standard therapies, Stone decides to bring the three together and engage them in a revolutionary attempt to confront their illness. With Julianna Margulies.
Official selection: Toronto Int’l Film Festival
- Country USA
- Running Time 117 minutes
- Distributor IFC in Theatres, LLC
- Director Jon Avnet
- Writer Milton Rokeach (novel), Eric Nazarian (screenplay), Jon Avnet (screenplay)
- Editor Patrick J. Don Vito
- Cinematographer Denis Lenoir
- Cast Richard Gere, Peter Dinklage, Walton Goggins, Bradley Whitford, Charlotte Hope, Julianna Margulies
IFC Center does not generally provide advisories about subject matter or potentially triggering content in films, as sensitivities vary from person to person. In addition to the synopses, trailers and other links on our website, further information about content and age-appropriateness for specific films can be found on Common Sense Media, IMDb and DoesTheDogDie.com as well as through general internet searches.