Edge of Tomorrow
Friday, April 3, 2020 - Saturday, April 4, 2020
EDGE OF TOMORROW was originally scheduled to screen Fri Apr 3 – Sat Apr 4 in the Winter 2020 season of “Waverly Midnights: Hindsight is 2020s,” but the screenings have been canceled due to the unexpected closure of the theater on March 14, in order to slow the spread of the COVID-19 coronavirus.
The epic action unfolds in a near future in which an alien race has hit the Earth in an unrelenting assault, unbeatable by any military unit in the world. Major William Cage (Cruise) is an officer who has never seen a day of combat when he is unceremoniously dropped into what amounts to a suicide mission. Killed within minutes, Cage now finds himself inexplicably thrown into a time loop—forcing him to live out the same brutal combat over and over, fighting and dying again…and again.
But with each battle, Cage becomes able to engage the adversaries with increasing skill, alongside Special Forces warrior Rita Vrataski (Blunt). And, as Cage and Rita take the fight to the aliens, each repeated encounter gets them one step closer to defeating the enemy.
Screening as part of our Winter 2020 series, “Waverly Midnights: Hindsight is 2020s.”
- Country USA
- Year 2014
- Accessibility Assistive Listening, T-Coil
- Running Time 113 minutes
- Director Doug Liman
- Writer Hiroshi Sakurazaka (original novel, "All You Need Is Kill"), Christopher McQuarrie (screenplay), Jez Butterworth (screenplay), John-Henry Butterworth (screenplay)
- Editor James Herbert, Laura Jennings
- Cinematographer Dion Beebe
- Cast Tom Cruise, Emily Blunt, Brendan Gleeson, Bill Paxton, Jonas Armstrong