Five Dedicated to Ozu
Saturday, August 10, 2019 - Wednesday, August 14, 2019
1. A piece of driftwood on the seashore, carried about by the waves.
2. People walking on the seashore. The oldest ones stop by, look at the sea, then go away.
3. Blurry shapes on a winter beach. A herd of dogs. A love story.
4. A group of loud ducks cross the image, in one direction then the other.
5. A pond, at night. Frogs improvising a concert. A storm, then the sunrise.
Screening as part of Abbas Kiarostami: A Retrospective, Fri Jul 26 through Thu Aug 15.
Save big and see more of the Abbas Kiarostami retrospective with a discount Ticket Pack for three, five or ten admissions! See all three World Premiere restorations of “The Koker Trilogy,” bring a friend or two or three to a few screenings or treat yourself to more movies at a better ticket price. With a Ticket Pack, you can save up to $6 per ticket – IFC Center members save up to $8 per ticket. Click here to purchase.
Picture: Kiarostami directing; photo from FIVE DEDICATED TO OZU to come.
- Language In Persian/Farsi with English subtitles.
- Year 2003
- Accessibility Assistive Listening, T-Coil
- Running Time 74 minutes
- Director Abbas Kiarostami