Friday, October 25 - Thursday, October 31, 2019
Please note that the 5:10pm and 7:20pm showtimes on Thu Oct 31 will have tickets available at the box office only due to the Halloween Parade shutting down the W 4 St subway station.
BURNING CANE tells the story of a deeply religious woman’s struggle to reconcile her convictions of faith with the love she has for her alcoholic son and a troubled preacher. Set in rural Louisiana, the film explores the relationships within a southern black protestant community, examining the roots of toxic masculinity, how manhood is defined, and the dichotomous role of religion within the African-American community.
- Country USA
- Accessibility Assistive Listening, T-Coil
- Running Time 78 minutes
- Director Phillip Youmans
- Writer Phillip Youmans
- Producer Benh Zeitlin (Executive Producer)
- Editor Phillip Youmans, Ruby Kline
- Cinematographer Phillip Youmans
- Cast Wendell Pierce, Karen Kaia Livers, Dominique McClellan, Braelyn Kelly, E'myri Crutchfield, Cynthia Capers