Opens Wednesday, January 2
On the remote New Siberian Islands in the Arctic Ocean, hunters search for tusks of extinct
mammoths. One day, they discover a surprisingly well-preserved mammoth carcass.
Resurrecting the woolly mammoth is a first manifestation of the next great technological
revolution – genetics. It may well turn our world upside down.
Winner: World Cinema Documentary Special Jury Award – Sundance Film Festival; Audience Award – Moscow Int’l Film Festival; Best Feature Award – DOCUTAH; Green Film Network Award – San Francisco Green Film Festival
- Short Title Genesis 2.0
- Country Switzerland/China/Russia/South Korea/USA
- Running Time 112 minutes
- Director Christian Frei, Maxim Arbugaev
- Editor Thomas Bachmann, Christian Frei
- Cinematographer Maxim Arbugaev
- Cast George Church, Woo Suk Hwang, Semyon Grigoriev