Another Day of Life
Friday, September 13 - Thursday, September 19, 2019
A daringly ambitious dive into the chaos of war, based on the book by the journalist Ryszard “Ricardo” Kapuscinski, one of the world’s most compelling chroniclers of conflict. Intercutting a graphically bold animation style with interviews and archival footage, the visually striking film conveys a rare immediacy as it tells of the outbreak of civil war following Angola’s independence from Portugal in 1975. Against all advice, Kapuscinski is intent on driving south into the heart of the bloody conflict to find the isolated rebel leader Farrusco. His animated trip through corpse-strewn roads conveys an undeniable urgency, while the documentary testimony reminds us that we are watching actual history.
Official selection: Cannes Film Festival; Best Animated Film, European Film Award; Audience Award, San Sebastien Int’l Film Festival; Best Animated Film, Goya Award
“Punchy, spectacular!” – The Hollywood Reporter
- Country Poland/Spain/Germany/Belgium/Hungary/France
- Running Time 86 minutes
- Distributor GKIDS
- Director Raúl de la Fuente, Damian Nenow
- Writer Raúl de la Fuente (screenplay), Amaia Remirez (screenplay), Niall Johnson (screenplay), David Weber (screenplay), Damian Nenow (screenplay), Ryszard Kapuscinski (book)
- Editor Raúl de la Fuente
- Cinematographer Raúl de la Fuente, Gorka Gomez Andreu
- Cast Miroslaw Haniszewski, Vergil J. Smith, Tomasz Zietek, Olga Boladz, Rafal Fudalej
- Accessibility Assistive Listening, T-Coil
IFC Center does not generally provide advisories about subject matter or potentially triggering content in films, as sensitivities vary from person to person. In addition to the synopses, trailers and other links on our website, further information about content and age-appropriateness for specific films can be found on Common Sense Media, IMDb and DoesTheDogDie.com as well as through general internet searches.