Friday, September 28 - Thursday, October 18, 2018
One man’s ruthless pursuit of justice plays out against the darkest chapter of Irish history in this riveting revenge thriller. In 1847, a battle-hardened soldier (James Frecheville) deserts the British army to return home to Ireland, only to find his family decimated and his country ravaged beyond recognition by the Great Famine. With Hugo Weaving, Jim Broadbent, Stephen Rea and Freddie Fox.
Official selection: Berlin International Film Festival
“A resonant, beautifully performed Irish Western.” – Variety
Runtime: 100 min.
- Country Ireland
- Language English and Gaelic with English subtitles
- Running Time 14 minutes
- Distributor IFC in Theatres, LLC
- Director Lance Daly
- Writer Lance Daly, P.J. Dillon, Pierce Ryan, Eugene O'Brien
- Editor Julian Ulrichs, John Walters
- Cinematographer Declan Quinn
- Cast Hugo Weaving, James Frecheville, Stephen Rea, Freddie Fox, Jim Broadbent
IFC Center does not generally provide advisories about subject matter or potentially triggering content in films, as sensitivities vary from person to person. In addition to the synopses, trailers and other links on our website, further information about content and age-appropriateness for specific films can be found on Common Sense Media, IMDb and DoesTheDogDie.com as well as through general internet searches.