Five Dedicated to Ozu
Saturday, August 10 - Wednesday, August 14, 2019
1. A piece of driftwood on the seashore, carried about by the waves.
2. People walking on the seashore. The oldest ones stop by, look at the sea, then go away.
3. Blurry shapes on a winter beach. A herd of dogs. A love story.
4. A group of loud ducks cross the image, in one direction then the other.
5. A pond, at night. Frogs improvising a concert. A storm, then the sunrise.
Screening as part of Abbas Kiarostami: A Retrospective, Fri Jul 26 through Thu Aug 15.
Save big and see more of the Abbas Kiarostami retrospective with a discount Ticket Pack for three, five or ten admissions! See all three World Premiere restorations of “The Koker Trilogy,” bring a friend or two or three to a few screenings or treat yourself to more movies at a better ticket price. With a Ticket Pack, you can save up to $6 per ticket – IFC Center members save up to $8 per ticket. Click here to purchase.
Picture: Kiarostami directing; photo from FIVE DEDICATED TO OZU to come.
- Language In Persian/Farsi with English subtitles.
- Year 2003
- Running Time 74 minutes
- Distributor Janus
- Director Abbas Kiarostami
- Accessibility Assistive Listening, T-Coil
IFC Center does not generally provide advisories about subject matter or potentially triggering content in films, as sensitivities vary from person to person. In addition to the synopses, trailers and other links on our website, further information about content and age-appropriateness for specific films can be found on Common Sense Media, IMDb and DoesTheDogDie.com as well as through general internet searches.