Give Me Liberty
Friday, August 23 - Thursday, September 19, 2019
Medical transport driver Vic is late, but it’s not his fault. Roads are closed for a protest, and no one else can shuttle his Russian grandfather and émigré friends to a funeral. The new route uproots his scheduled clients, particularly Tracy (Lauren “Lolo” Spencer in a breakout performance), a vibrant young woman with ALS. As the day goes from hectic to off-the-rails, their collective ride becomes a hilarious, compassionate, and intersectional portrait of American dreams and disenchantment.
Official selection: Sundance Film Festival; Cannes Fortnight; BAMcinemaFest
- Country USA
- Language In English and Russian with English subtitles.
- Running Time 111 minutes
- Distributor Music Box Films
- Director Kirill Mikhanovsky
- Writer Alice Austen, Kirill Mikhanovsky
- Editor Kirill Mikhanovsky
- Cinematographer Wyatt Garfield
- Cast Lauren 'Lolo' Spencer, Chris Galust, Maxim Stoyanov, Darya Ekamasova
- Accessibility Assistive Listening, T-Coil
IFC Center does not generally provide advisories about subject matter or potentially triggering content in films, as sensitivities vary from person to person. In addition to the synopses, trailers and other links on our website, further information about content and age-appropriateness for specific films can be found on Common Sense Media, IMDb and DoesTheDogDie.com as well as through general internet searches.